Última actualización: 21/09/2023
Contenidos del artículo
Car Access Restriction Update
During the month of July and August 2022, Punta Nati can only be accessed by bus during sunset hours (Residents can access).
- There are 2 outbound buses (20.00 and 20.30) and 2 return buses (21.45, 22.15): The bus schedule will be moved forward 15 minutes as the sunset is moved forward as well.
- Bus tickets will cost 4€ (round trip) and can be purchased online and at the Ciutadella Bus stop(parking).
- The bus ride takes about 15 minutes.
The Punta Nati lighthouse is the closest to the center of Ciudadela of all the lighthouses in Menorca (with the exception of Sa Farola).
For me it is one of the best places in Menorca to watch the sunset. This lighthouse was built in 1912 to prevent the constant shipwrecks that occurred on the north coast of Ciudadela.
What time should I arrive so as not to miss the sunset?
If you want to see the sunset from the magnificent Punta Nati lighthouse, it is important that you take into account the timetables, otherwise you will miss the sunset (it happens to many more people than you think).
- Check the sun set time (you can check it in Google, or in any weather App).
- Calculate the time it will take you to get there by car or motorcycle (you can check it on Google Maps).
- Try to arrive at Punta Nati parking lot at least 30 minutes before sunset time.
The reason why you have to arrive 30 minutes early to the parking lot is that you will have to walk about 10-15 minutes on the last stretch of road, and then you will have to walk another 5-10 minutes through the rocks.
How to get to Punta Nati
By Car, Motorcycle or Bike
It can be reached by a spectacular road both by car and by bike. The path starts at one of the traffic circles on the road leading to the urbanizations of Cala en Blanes.
Once you take the turnoff to the lighthouse (marked Punta Nati) the road is two-way but incredibly narrow with two bike lanes on a fairly long stretch. If you drive your vehicle, you must be very careful because it is very easy to meet a cyclist in any curve.
- It can take about 10 minutes to walk the trail by car, while if you do it by bike it will take between 20 and 30 minutes depending on your pace. In total there are 5km, so it can be done on foot without any problems.
- Car parking is easy and there is a free parking lot located just over 1km from the lighthouse. The last stretch of the road must be done on foot (or by bike).
A Pie by the Camí de Cavalls
If you feel like walking to Punta Nati, you can take the excursion from CalesPiques to Punta Nati. If you take this tour please note that:
- Once you arrive at Punta Nati you will have to continue walking 1 hour (5-6km) to Ciutadella.
- If you are going to see the sunset you should bring flashlights for the return leg.
On summer days, the road leading to the lighthouse is usually a bit crowded with cars, as it is a well-known site and many people go there to watch the sunset. No matter how much summer it is, don’t forget to take a sweater or windbreaker almost always.
Punta Nati is at the mercy of the wind, and on strong Tramuntana days being there in short sleeves can be unbearable.
At night you can also visit the lighthouse to see the stars. The lighthouse is in a location far enough away from any city or urbanization to avoid light pollution, so on a clear day the stars can be seen clearly and in abundance. Going to Punta Nati at night without a sweater is almost reckless.
Hiking from the Lighthouse
Did you know that the Punta Nati Lighthouse is in the middle of the Camí de Cavalls?
That means that from the lighthouse you can start walking around Menorca until you get tired. If you want to do a fun stage, I recommend the one that goes from Punta Nati to Pont d’en Gil.