Última actualización: 13/12/2019
The offer of accommodation in Menorca is very varied and complete. You can find options whether you are looking for a campsite or if you are looking for a luxury hotel.
As each person looks for something different on their vacation, here are some recommendations depending on what you’re looking for.
If you have come to Menorca by the Sun and the beach and do not want to miss a second the views of the Mediterranean, perhaps what you need is a hotel on the beachfront.
In Menorca there are more than 40 Hotels on the beachfront. Almost all are on the south coast, distributed quite regularly from Maò to Ciutadella). In the north you only have frontline hotels in Arenal d’en Castell and Fornells.
- Meliá Cala Galdana (Cala Galdana) – [couple: 2,000 €/week in August]: The most famous hotel in Menorca without a doubt. Hated by many (for being so close to the beach) and loved by those looking to be able to go to the beach at all hours from their room. Its infinity pool and its views of the beach from terraces,dining rooms and rooms I think are the best on the island.
- Canutells Beach (Maò) – [couple: 1,100€/week]: affordable apartments with terrace and sea views. Free parking and very close to Maò for those who enjoy knowing something about the city.
- Hotel 55 Sant Thomas (Santo Tomás) – [couple: 1,800 €/week in August]: Very new hotel in one of the most popular areas of Menorca, about 200m from the beach. Stand out for the pool area with the sun loungers, look at the photos!
- Sol Beach House Menorca – Adults Only (Santo Tomás) – [couple: 1,800€/week in August]: On the royal front line in Santo Tomás and overlooking the sea from almost any corner. Adults only!
- View +40 Beach Frontline Hotels – [couple: From 800€/week in August]
Hotels and Apartments with Kitchen
If you are in Menorca and do not want to spend much on Restaurants you need accommodation with kitchen. I always recommend a place with kitchen if you are going to stay many days (more than 5) and if you want to take advantage to cook your air and hurry up the plans late to the fullest.
Having a kitchen allows you to dine very late if you go to watch the sunset at a distant lighthouse,or cook your pasta with tomato when you feel like 😉 In addition, if you cook at home most days you can afford a treat in a typical or luxury restaurant.
- Insotel Punta Prima Prestige Suites & Spa (Punta Prima) – [couple: 2,000 €/week in August] : A hotel that is not cheap. If you take this i hope it is to cook every day because you will miss the budget at the Hotel. It is on the front line, with manicured gardens and some scandal suites.
- Agrotourism Son Juaneda (Cala Morell) – [couple: 2,000 euros/week in August]: A hotel with charm and rural atmosphere. They have a kitchen, barbecue and organize horse backtrips.
- Apartamentos Blancala (Cala Blanca/Ciutadella) – [couple: 700€/week in August]: Apartments with sea views. All have kitchen and are 10 minutes drive from Ciutadella,so you can visit it in the evenings and evenings and see the good atmosphere of the port and its alleys.
- View +150 Hotels and Apartments with Kitchen:
Hotels That Don’t Admit Children – Adults Only
More and more hotels do not allow children. These hotels are usually aimed at couples of all ages who want to enjoy their holidays without the possible noises or headaches that sometimes cause the little ones.
Spain in general has a lot of offer of these accommodations, and Menorca also has some adult-only accommodations. Here are the recommendations.
- Barceló Hamilton Menorca – Adults Only (Es Castell) – [couple: 1,200 €/week in August]: A Hotel with terraces, swimming pool and jacuzzi overlooking the port of Maò. Ideal environment for couples and very close to Maò in case you want to go out at night.
- Valentin Star Menorca – Adults Only (Calan Bosch) – [couple: 1,300€/week in August]: It is in a very touristic area and only 250m from the beach of Calan Bosch (which is not very nice). There are many bars, restaurants and shops in the area, and if you want to make a boat or jet ski ride you are next to the port.
- Sol Beach House Menorca – Adults Only (Santo Tomás) – [couple: 1,900€/week in August]: On the royal front line in Santo Tomás and overlooking the sea from almost any corner. Adults only!
- Agrotourism Son Vives – Adults Only (Ferreries) – [couple: 1,500 €/week in August]: A very nice rural hotel with a very careful decoration and beautiful and relaxing rural landscapes. Very good destination for couples looking for total relaxation in their accommodation.
- Artiem Carlos III – Adults Only (Es Castell) – [couple: 1,400 €/week in August]: Hotel very close to Maò with swimming pool, Spa and adults only. In the evening you can walk to Cales Fonts and have a cocktail on the Terrace of Pindapapoi overlooking the port.
In Menorca there are 59 pet-friendly accommodations. The vast majority are in Mao and Cituadella, you can also find some distributed throughout the island.
- List of +30 Pet-Friendly Accommodations
- Check out our article on how to travel with a pet to Menorca
Rural Hotels and Agrotourism
If you are looking for rural accommodation in Menorca you are in luck. Menorca has a lot of rural hotels.
In addition the rural landscape of Menorca is very beautiful and different, being very flat and full of dry walls everywhere.
Wheelchair Adapted Hotels
There is more and more tourism adapted in Menorca, although it is still light years away from the offer for people without mobility restrictions.
- Here you can see the accessible beaches and hotels adapted for people with reduced mobility.
Campings and Hostels
Menorca is an expensive destination and it is hard to find cheap accommodation such as Campings and Hostels.
This means that the supply of affordable accommodation is low compared to other destinations. Here are two recommendations.
BeachFront Accommodation Map