In the old centre of Ciutadella, very close to Plaça Nova, you can find a little treasure: the Restaurant Curniola 35.
Placed in a traditional house of the centre (of the year 1845) and carefully restored, the restaurant offers a welcoming environment and one of the best gastronomic experiences that you can find currently in Ciutadella.
If you decide to have lunch or dinner in Curniola, Xavi and his colleagues will recieve you and will offer you a great menu, with elaborated dishes with great care, all of them delicious. If you want to book a table in their small terrace, you should call in advance.
The food in Curniola is mainly tapas and typical mediterranean dishes of Menorca. They’re also very good the pasa and the meats which they cook with an argentinean touch.
Personally, I like the tuna cake with avocado, the anglerfish and prawn croquettes, the squid andalusian-cooked and bread with tomato.
How To Get There
Arriving to Curniola is easy. You can park the car in any of the 3 parkings that you can find in the area of the Ciutadella’s port.
- Old Port Parking: It’s parking avobe the port, and from there you will have to go down through the access ramp of the port and then cross the port towards the centre of Ciutadella. The good thing of this parking is that it’s usually more empty (it has more places) and from there, you can take photos with the wall and the port in the background.
- Parking Es Pla: It’s a parking in the same port. It’s not covered with asphalt and it’s in front of the bars and discos of the port. It’s difficult to park there during high seasons.
- Parking Es Born: This parking is free from 8 in the afternoon (blue zone) and in summer it’s very difficult to park there from 9pm.
Information and Contact
- Schedule: Monday to Friday from 19.00 to 23.59, Saturdays from 10.00am to 1.30am, Sundays from 10.00am to 16:00pm
- Booking: 971 48 45 22
- Address: Street Curniola 35, Ciutadella
- Web: –
- Facebook: Curniola35