Última actualización: 25/12/2019
Cala Viola de Ponent is a small beach located in Cape of Cavalleria that is distributed in two bathing areas separated by the rocks.
It is a thick sandy beach mixed with gravel, a type of sand that does not stick as much to the body as the fine white sand of the southern beaches.
It is not a particularly well-known cove, although on occasion there have been problems due to the excess campervans that are parked next to the beach.
How to Get to Cala Viola de Ponent
By Car, Motorcycle or Bike
To get there by road,whether by bike, car or motorbike, you have to drive along the road that leads to the Cavalleria Lighthouse.
- Once you pass the metal fence of the road to the lighthouse, you have to take the third detour to the left,and a few meters away you will find the free parking. Don’t worry if you’re wrong, as there aren’t many detours either.
- It can be reached by bike without problems from Es Mercadal, as the entire trail to the beach is paved.
- In the parking there is plenty of space and even if it is full almost always fits one more car (not always 🙂 )
You are located on a secluded beach in the middle of Cavalleria.
There is no service or lifeguard in sight, so you know what it touches, food and water in the backpack if you want to spend a few hours on the beach.
Snorkel in Menorca’n North Marine Reserve
- I once found a seahorse in the jaws of a Sargo
- You can also see moray eels and groupers near the beach under the rocks and caves
Enjoy the little Goats looking for Shadow under your car
If you approach the parking lot you may see the goats looking for shaded areas next to the parked vehicles, don’t worry as these goats are quite peaceful.
They approach the cars because in summer the temperature is very suffocating and there are no trees or shaded areas to hide from the sun… Take an umbrella and water!
- And of course, if you go at sunset, don’t forget to watch the sunset from the lighthouse of Cavalleria.