Arenal de Son Saura
Última actualización: 15/12/2019
The beach of Arenal de Son Saura (also known as Arenal de S’Olla de Son Saura, Arenal de s’Olla, Son Saura del Norte, or Son Parc beach) is an urban beach in the north of Menorca located very close to the urbanization of Son Parc,and very close to Es Mercadal and Alaior.
In the right area of the beach there are some apartments and in the left area of the beach there is a bar-restaurant. As it is easy to reach this beach by car, during the summer season it is very frequented by both tourists and locals.
What stands out about this beach is the amount of services (urbanizations, restaurants, hotels, sunbeds, etc.) and the shallow water near the shore. This makes Arenal de Son Saura an ideal beach for families with children and for people who are simply looking for a beautiful environment but also comfortable and with good services.
Especially if you go to Son Parc make sure it’s not blowing north wind (tramuntana), because the Arenal de Son Saura is fully exposed to the north and the swell would be considerable. In addition the wind raises a lot of sand and makes things as simple as reading or eating potatoes uncomfortable activities.
How to Get To Arenal de Son Saura
Getting to Arenal de Son Saura is easy by car, motorbike or bike.
Both from Maó and Ciutadella is well indicated, and you only have to follow the signs to the urbanization of Son Parc.
Once you arrive there is parking about 100 meters from the beach. It is free for about 70 cars. In summer it is difficult to find a place and sometimes people park around the urbanization.
The beach of Arenal de Son Saura is touristic and you can see why you can find all kinds of services and amenities that you would not have on the best unspoilt beaches.
- On the beach you can find a rental area for sun loungers and umbrellas for the most classic.
- If you like to walk close to the water,the slope of the beach is very mild. You can walk about 80 meters towards the sea without sinking. This makes it a good beach to play for the little ones.
- If you like hiking you can explore up to 5 coves in less than 1 hour departing from Arenal de Son Saura: Macar de Cala Pudenta, Arenal de Cala Pudenta, Algar de Cala Pudenta, Caló Verd i Caló des Peix. You can also go to the gravel beaches known as Ses Olles, to the right of the Arenal de Son Saura.
Map and Points of Interest
Hotels Near Arenal de Son Saura
If you want to be close to this small corner of Menorca, full of activities, services and other less frequented beaches, I recommend the Aparthotel Beach Club.
- They are the apartments that are on the beachfront, overlooking the sea
- They have guest parking and a tennis court
- There is a restaurant where they make good paellas and stews.
If you are not convinced you also have 2 other options very close to the beach.