Última actualización: 21/09/2023
The Pont d’en Gil is a “hanging” bridge in the middle of the sea in the Ciutadella area. It is a “hole” in the cliffs through which small and medium-sized boats can pass.
It is possible to get there on foot or by bike (thanks to the Camí de Cavalls), but the best way to get there is undoubtedly by sea.
Next to Pont d’en Gil there is an underwater cave well known by divers on the island, called Sa Cigonya. With a depth of about 300 meters. The cave can be seen from the sea, but it is only possible to enter it from underwater.
Contenidos del artículo
- Type: Access to the sea by rocks (not a beach)
- Services: None
- Summeroccupancy: 2/5 (higher=more people)
- Beach area*: 0 m2 (No beach, access to the sea from the rocks)
- Access on foot: 500 meters (10 minutes)
- Nearest parking lot: 500 meters (10 minutes) – Parking lot of the Urbanization
- Previous Beach: Cala Morell
- Next beach: Racó des Mart
- Is it in the Camí de Cavalls? :Yes
How to Get to Pont d’en Gil
The Pont den Gil can be reached by sea and by land on foot, by bike, motorcycle or car.
The final stretch of the route, about 300 meters, is along the Camí de Cavalls and can only be done on foot or by bike.
How to Get There On Foot or By Bike
Pont d’en Gil can be reached on foot from Cala’n Blanes. Of course, it can be reached on foot without any problem.
- It takes about 5 minutes to walk the distance between the parking lot and the Pont d’en Gil area. The road is easy but with many stones. Both children and adults can do it.
If you are a bike lover, you can also enjoy this small excursion from Cala en Blanes to Pont den Gil by bike.
- This small stretch of the Camí de Cavalls is quite complicated by bike, but it can be done.
How to Get There By Car or Motorcycle
To get to Cala en Blanes (start of the road), just head towards Ciutadella, and before you get there you will see signs to Cala en Blanes or Los Delfines.
- In the area where the road begins there are no difficulties to park the car for free.
If you have gone to the Pont den Gil by boat, the least you should do is try to go under the bridge. Take into account the dimensions of your boat, if there are swimmers below and the sea conditions!
Make SlackLine a Privileged Environment
The pont d’en Gil is a privileged environment for SlackLine practitioners (which are not many).
Slackline is a sport of skill and balance that consists of hanging an elastic rope (sometimes over the sea) and traveling the distance between the two ends trying not to fall.
- If you feel like hiring an adventure excursion with slackline I recommend you to talk to FarAlMar, they have a very complete adventure pack.
Walk to Punta Nati Lighthouse
Finally, if hiking and landscapes are your thing, you can’t miss the excursion to the Punta Nati lighthouse along the Camí de Cavalls.
This is an easy hike on foot with spectacular desert scenery along the way.