Última actualización: 13/12/2019
Sa CaletaBeach, also known as Sa Caleta d’en Gorries,is a small urban beach very close to the center of Ciutadella. It is a very comfortable beach and frequented mainly by people who stay around the area.
Sa Caleta has all kinds of services: Access ramp for disabled people, lifeguard during the summer season, beach bar, bus access with line 65 from Ciitadella.
Contenidos del artículo
- Orientation:South West
- Type:Urban Beach
- Services: Accessible beach, lifeguard, beach bar, sun loungers, football field and picnic tables
- Summer occupancy : 4/5 (the higher the more people there are)
- Surface* of the beach: 625 m2 (* Estimate. The surface changes every year)
- Foot Access: 50 meters (2 minutes)
- Nearest parking: 50 meters (Parking of Sa Caleta)
- Previous Beach:Platja Great Des Degelador
- Next Beach:Santandria
- Is he at the Camí de Cavalls?: Yes
How to get to Sa Caleta
By Car, Motorcycle, Bike or On Foot
To get to Sa Caleta you have to go to Cituadellafirst.
From Ciutadella,you only have to follow the RC-2 road in the direction of the Lighthouse of Artrutx or to Sa Caleta directly (it is very well indicated). When you arrive in Sa Caleta, at the end of the street is the free parking.
From Ciutadella you can also reach Sa Caleta on foot by the Camí de Cavalls.
You can also reach Sa Caleta by taking bus 65 (in summer season it has more frequencies). Bus 65 passes through Ciutadella, Santadnria, Sa Caleta, Cala en Bosch and the Lighthouse of Artrutx, so if you choose the bus you can take it to complete a whole day:
- Visits Ciutadella and its Old Town
- Visits Sa Caleta or one of the other beaches on the route
- Visits the Artrutx Lighthouse
Cool off with Drinks or Ice Creamates at Chiringuito a Pie de Playa
One of the advantages of urban beaches is that they usually have bars or restaurants. The beach bar of Sa Caleta is very small and only has about 7 or 8 tables.
- They serve snacks, drinks and ice cream mainly. As you will see once there, the kitchen and preparation space is very small, so I recommend you order drinks or ice cream if you want to avoid disappointment with the food.
Play football with the little ones
In the access area to Sa Caleta there are two football goalposts that are on the arena that are great if you want to practice some sport with family or friends.
- The course is very small, only about 25 meters long in total, but it is enough to have a good time playing football.